Five hours and counting....
Five hours and counting to tie the knot, to release the doves and to throw the bouquet. Yep, you got it right, it's a wedding. I'm one of the groomsmen and in five hours, my driver who's been with me since I was Grade 4 will get married to the woman he loved for 10 memorable years. I must admit that somehow, deep down inside me, I envy him. Bachelorhood is okay (which is my situation presently) but you just can't beat the thought of someone waiting for you to get home, kiss you and ask you how was your day. To be with a woman for the rest of your mortal life, hand-in-hand with her through all the strifes and trials of life. To endure all the imperfections and flaws of the world and society with a woman who is eternally beautiful in your eyes, unravished by time, untouched by imperfection, unscathed by flaw...
Well anyway, snap back to reality.... My driver's wedding is in five hours and I have to get ready. I'm still half-asleep as I type this because I slept at 4am in the morning (don't ask. you dont wanna know) and I still can't find my formal black shoes (the one I wear with slacks). Well, it's my first time to be one of the groomsmen in a wedding (because usually I'm just a guest) and I don't even have a single clue about it for crying out loud!! Although my sister has been teasing me about one of the bridesmaids, (I don't know don't ask me) and kept on telling me do look my best. I just told her, "uhmmm ate, it's a wedding. I HAVE to look my best".
Five hours and counting to tie the know, release the doves, and throw the bouquet... I jst hope I don't mess anything up...